When planning for your travel to Mozambique, the best time to visit is during the dry months which starts around April and ends in October. However, If you are interested in combining your holiday in Mozambique with an Eastern or Southern Africa safari holiday, the best time to visit is from June to September.
A Mozambique holiday is a wonderful opportunity for you to kick off your shoes, loosen up, and gear down to the slow pace of island life: swim, snorkel, laze in the sunshine, or set sail on a sunset dhow cruise.
What Should You Bring Along
To enjoy your holiday to Mozambique, there are some essential items/equipment that you need to bring along. These include, but are not limited to
- Camera and Lens to capture the amazing moments.
- Swimwear, Sunglasses, and beach towels.
- Leather Sandals
- Insect Repellent and Anti-Malarial medications.
- Lightweight tops, t-shirts, and shorts.
- Power Adapters
Places to visit in Mozambique
A very high percentage of tourists that travel to Mozambique, do so for the amazing coastline. Therefore the best things to do in Mozambique revolve around the sun, sea, and sand – namely snorkeling, diving, boat trips, and ocean safaris. Below are some of the best places to visit in Mozambique for your holiday.
- Maputo: a bustling city and the capital of Mozambique. In addition, it’s also the best place to enjoy the country’s signature dish.
- Inhambane: known for its long beaches, manta rays, and whale sharks.
- Vilanculos: the gateway to the Bazaruto Archipelago and great diving.
- Pemba: the gateway to the Quirimbas Archipelago.
- Quirimbas Archipelago: a private island escape and perfect for honeymooners.
- Bazaruto Archipelago: known for tropical islands, and luxurious lodges.
- Gorongosa National Park: the only national park in Mozambique.
- Niassa Reserve: a vast, raw, beautiful wilderness. One of the largest conservation areas and twice the size of South Africa’s Kruger National Park.