The best time to explore Tanzania is during the dry season, which is from June to October. It is at this period when wildlife viewing is generally at its best and the most preferred time for a Tanzania safari.
National Parks, Mountains, and Islands
Tanzania has got some of the finest national parks, islands, and mountains, which can be visited at different times of the year. Below, we have summarized the best time to explore these places in Tanzania.
- Serengeti National Park – the best time to visit is January to February and June to December. For those interested in having an amazing view of the Wildebeest Migration, May and June is the best bet.
- Ngorongoro National Park – can be visited all year round. June to October is the best time as the temperatures are cooler, while November to May is mostly less crowded, giving you a better view of the animals.
- Tarangire National Park – the best time to visit is June to November.
- Ruaha National Park – the best time to visit is May to December which is the dry season.
- Selous Game Reserve – the best time to visit is June to December which is the dry season.
- Lake Manyara – the best time to visit is January to February and June to December.
- Zanzibar Island – best experienced from June to October, when the climate is cool and dry. August and September offer incredible conditions for snorkeling and whale viewing potential.
- Mount Kilimanjaro – climbing the mountain is best done from July to October. Weather conditions vary from time to time and it is best to confirm with your tour guide.
Check out the Afriktrip website today for some of the best tours & activities to do in Tanzania HERE at the best price guaranteed.
Do us a favor and share this article with your followers online. Click the share button below
Your Next Holiday Should Be In Africa
Open up a new world of travel with Afriktrip. Our platform connects you with local tour guides and operators across Africa, taking all the hassle out of organising your perfect trip. From Nairobi to Cape Town to Victiria Falls, and many more, we've got it covered!
Cheap and Affordable Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is a must for all future African adventures. Bad occurrences can ruin even a well-planned trip, which is why travel insurance is a wise choice. Insurance also provides reassurance to family and friends back home that you will be looked after if something goes wrong.